If you are a workaholic and love to spend hours in front of your computer screen, your eyes might get tired. They feel warm and heavy as they can suffer from severe eye strain. Nowadays it is hard to avoid putting in long hours at work as it’s getting more demanding and requires your unwavering attention. Apart from working, there are several other reasons that can lead to severe eye strain, such using mobile phones, reading, or playing video games.
To put it simply, people often do not realize the importance of taking care of their eyes. Although tired eyes are initially harmless, it may lead to various eye conditions like dry, itchy or overworked eyes. You may feel a pain or headache due to eye strain.
With that in mind, it is very important that you take care of your eyes in order to avoid physical fatigue and minor annoyances, like red eyes or eye twitching. Here we have listed few tips to improve your eye care.
Tips to Take Care of Overworked Eyes
- If your work requires you to stare at a screen continuously, makes sure you take small periodic breaks. That means for each hour, you need to give a five-minute rest to your eyes. All you need to do is stop working for few minutes and look away from your computer screen (or whatever you are doing). It will help you prevent eye fatigue.
- Blinking is another easy way you can use to relieve eye strain. You need to blink a lot. This may sound funny to you, but it has great scientific significance. Blinking improves eye function as well as eyeball movement. It will help you retain eye moisture that may decline due to working extensive hours.
- Thanks to medical researchers, there are many eye drops available in pharmacies that can help with strained eyes. These drops are effective and can soothe overworked and dry eyes. One or two drops are sufficient to balance the moisture in your eyes.
- Reflections from your screens (computer or mobile) may cause severe eye strain. If you install an anti-glare computer screen, it can help you reduce eye fatigue.
Natural Ways to Reduce Eye Fatigue
- Using cucumber is one of the old, and traditional, yet effective ways to soothe your overworked and tired eyes. Millions of people have been using this natural remedy for years to reduce eyestrain. All you need to do is place two slices of cucumber over your eyes, and leave them for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Eye massage is another tried-and-tested way to relieve eye strain. Use your fingers and gently massage on your eyes by slightly pressing them to soothe the discomfort.
All in all, these tips are incredibly effective when it comes to taking care of your overworked eyes. If you frequently suffer from eye strain, it is better to have your eyes checked by an eye care professional. They will professionally guide you on how can you improve your eye health.