For those who make use of prescription eyeglasses, it tends to become a significant part of their lifestyles. This means that if you should opt for the wrong frame design or shape, it would surely alter the look of your face but the reverse is the case when you settle for a frame that flatters the overall shape of your face, your color not excluded. If you really want to look fashionable and comfortable in your eyeglasses, here are tips that would help you choose your eyeglass frames.
- Frames For Square Shaped Faces: Understanding the shape of your face is the key to choosing the right frame for your prescription eyeglasses. If you have a square face, it would do you a lot of good to settle for eyeglasses with round or oval frames. This is mainly because if you opt for frames that are square like your face, it tends to further give out those sharp angles on your face.
- Frames For Narrow and Oblong Faces: If this is you, then you should go for eyeglasses set in tall frames. This goes a long way to make your face look shorter. To further add width to your narrow face, you can also settle for broad eyeglasses, especially the ones that come with decorative details around the temple area. The top rims can also be accented for further illusion of a shorter face. Short frames will only make your face look out of proportion, stay away from them.
- Frames For Round Faces: If you have a round face, you should opt for eyeglass frames that are rectangular or square. This is mainly because they tend to add sharp angles to those soft curves around your face. To make your face look thinner, you can choose those square and rectangular frames that connect at the temple as they tend to create illusions about the length of your face. Stay away from round frames as they would further emphasize the smooth curves of your round face, making it look out of proportion.
- Frames For Diamond Shaped Faces: When your face is diamond-shaped, the best you can do is to settle for those frame shapes that would help properly balance your face. Oval frames are known to do this magic. You can also opt for rimless designs which are known to add depth to the wearer’s cheekbones. With a diamond shaped face, narrow frames are not really for you.
- Frames For Heart Shaped Faces: If this is the shape of your face, then you should settle for narrow and round frames with heavy bottoms. With this shape, you will be able to create an illusion of width on the lower side of your face. It even works more magic if the frames connect below your temples. Stay away from frames with heavy tops since they draw attention to the upper part of your face.
With these tips on choosing eyeglass frames for your face, the chances of opting for frames that give your face a disproportionate look becomes very minimal. For the best results, try out the frames before you settle for a particular shape, putting the shape of your face into due consideration.
Comments are closed.